4 Reasons to Become a Pharmacy Technician
Have you ever gotten sick, visited a doctor, and he or she has written you a prescription? Then the next step to getting better is visiting a pharmacy to fill your prescription and get the medications you need to keep your body running like a well-oiled machine. However, there are a few people involved in keeping their communities healthy from the medical office specialist to the doctor to the pharmacy technician filling your order. Becoming a pharmacy technician in and of itself is a great way to break into the healthcare industry and help other people. Here are four top reasons to pursue a career as a pharmacy technician:
- There’s a growing number of people who need medications: As the baby boomers continue getting older, then they need more regularly administered medicines to stay healthy and active. Therefore, there is expected to be increased demand for pharmacy technicians.
- You don’t need a 4-year degree to become one: Fortunately, it’s fairly easy to break into the world of pharmacies because you don’t need to spend years in college racking up debt to get the training you need to break into the health care industry.
- It offers many transferable skills: Since you are interacting with many people looking to you for help in filling their prescriptions, it also inadvertently exposes you to other types of job opportunities through your customers. That’s why friendliness, communication skills, and precision go a long way in this career or any other opportunity that may come up.
- Work in a sterilized environment
- Exposed to larger opportunities in the healthcare sector
If you’re interested in pursuing a career as a pharmacy technician, consider enrolling in UEI College’s Pharmacy Tech Training Program. The program can be completed, and a diploma earned in as little as 10 months.
THE TYPES OF PEOPLE WHO MAKE GREAT PHARMACY TECHNICIANS
This job is ideal for those who enjoy helping people and are detail-oriented/organized. Having good interpersonal skills and ability to take direction from licensed pharmacists will help you learn how to fill prescriptions accurately and effectively so that people can go on living happy lives. Being able to multi-task is also a key skill in becoming a pharmacy technician career.
WHY BECOMING A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN IS A GOOD CAREER CHOICE
One of the true benefits of becoming a pharmacy technician is that and you can often get a job in this health care sector with a certificate from a credible vocational college.
Since this job is in demand, there is also stability and the chance to grow into management role as a pharmacy technician.
ONE MORE BONUS REASON- THE FLEXIBILITY
There are pharmacies everywhere- in supermarkets, hospitals, nursing homes, and even stand-alone buildings. Many pharmacies also have long hours of operation, which means there’s a lot of flexibility where and when you want to work. Therefore, if you have a busy personal life yet want to get out and work with a team, help people improve their health, and make some money, then becoming a pharmacy technician is a great first step.