UEI COVID-19 Resource Page
At UEI College, the health and safety of our students, faculty, and guests is our top priority. We have been closely monitoring information regarding COVID-19 provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization, Department of Education and other government agencies to ensure we stay on top of this developing situation.
We believe it is our responsibility to you and our greater campus community to be proactive in our efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we are aggressively taking steps to ensure the safety of our entire campus community, including:
- Preventative cleaning of all high-touch areas
- Increasing custodial hours for deep cleaning across our schools
- Ensuring that the restrooms are maintained with hand soap and paper towels
- Increasing the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout each campus.
- Reinforcing best practices and training on preventative care for our staff and students
Here are some preventative steps we all can take to limit the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
For the latest scientific information regarding COVID-19, please refer to the CDC information page.
Please visit our FAQ for frequently asked questions and updates related to campus operations.
We will provide updates as needed.
Your UEI Campus Family