UEI College in Tacoma offers valuable vocational training, positioning students in the Pacific Northwest for success in their chosen fields. As a prominent Tacoma trade school, UEI prioritizes hands-on learning in industries like healthcare and the trades.
UEI stands out among technical colleges in Washington due to our shorter program lengths, individualized learning, and practical training. Our vocational programs prepare students to swiftly enter the workforce, equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed.
About UEI College - Tacoma Campus
UEI College is thrilled to serve the Puget Sound area with the opening of our newest campus in Tacoma, Washington. In this new 30,000-square-foot facility, our faculty and instructors offer a wide variety of trade programs to help residents obtain training for new careers, which many can be completed in as few as 10 months! UEI College also offers placement assistance for its graduates. In the process, students will enjoy well-equipped classrooms, labs, and industry-relevant technology available for hands-on career training.
At UEI College, smaller classes are prioritized, with an average student-to-teacher ratio of 24-to-1. This helps ensure optimal one-on-one training and assistance for all students, creating a positive, close-knit classroom environment where everyone’s needs are addressed. In addition, our instructors boast years of professional experience in their fields and come to class every day eager to pass along practical knowledge and real-world training to each student.
The Tacoma campus of UEI College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). As for our campus, it’s conveniently located in an active commercial district adjacent to Tacoma’s 72nd Street Transit Center, vastly improving your transportation options to attend classes and lab periods. For students who drive to campus, parking is available at no cost. The Tacoma campus features a student lounge with microwaves and vending machines.
UEI College - Tacoma
1415 E. 72nd St.
Tacoma, WA 98404
Monday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
UEI College-Tacoma is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
December 27th, 2023¶
- Head south on I-5 S toward Tacoma
- Take exit 132B for WA-16 W toward Gig Harbor/Bremerton
- Merge onto WA-16 W and take the Union Avenue exit
- Turn right onto S Union Avenue, and UEI College Tacoma will be on your left
- Head north on I-5 N toward Tacoma
- Take Exit 132 for S 38th Street toward WA-16 W
- Keep left at the fork, following signs for Union Avenue
- Turn left onto S Union Avenue to find UEI College on your left
Local Attractions and Other Nearby Locations
Tacoma is a vibrant city with several local attractions to explore while studying at our vocational school in Washington. Here are some of the top Tacoma attractions:
- Point Defiance Park: Enjoy nature and explore the park’s scenic trails, garden, and zoo
- Museum District: The lively museum district features something for everyone, from the Museum of Glass to the Washington State History Museum and Lemay - America’s Car Museum
- Ruston Way Waterfront: Take a study break on the waterfront to enjoy a range of restaurants and stunning views of Puget Sound
- Tacoma Dome: Attend concerts and events at the famous Tacoma Dome
As a student, you can expect help from these teams along the way.
Financial Aid Team
Students can speak with a student finance team member to learn more about paying for their schooling. Our advisors will discuss loans, grants, scholarships, and more. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Tacoma Trade School FAQs
By enrolling in one of our Tacoma vocational programs, you can expect a hands-on educational experience. With dedicated staff preparing you to enter the workforce, our trade school programs in Washington provide a well-rounded and practical education.
Here are some of the other benefits you can expect when enrolled at our Tacoma trade school:
- Smaller classes
- Networking opportunities
- Modern facilities
- Supportive community
- Career services