The Financial Aid Office has years of experience working with students from the moment they start considering UEI as an option for their future to when they step into the career they’ve been training for.
We offer a wide range of financial aid, including federal, state, institutional, and outside financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, work programs, and loans. Some programs require that you show financial need, while others allow you to borrow money that must be repaid at a later time with interest. We will work with you to find the right option for your individual situation!
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
To receive financial aid, you must be enrolled at UEI and signed up for classes.
Once you’re ready it’s a simple process to apply for aid. The forms you must fill out are:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- A list of schools (beyond high school) previously attended
- Completed loan applications or a Federal PIN number
- Personal references with a valid address and phone number
Once you turn in the above, the Financial Aid Office will start working with you and let you know if they need anything else!
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
If you’re interested in receiving financial aid you must:
- Be currently enrolled in an academic program leading to a degree or diploma
- Have a certification of high school diploma or equivalent
- Not be in default on a student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant received at another institution
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress, as outlined in the school’s catalog
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen
Eligibility is determined through a formula filled in with the information you provide in your FAFSA. The amount of federal financial aid offered will vary based on your financial need.
FEDERAL LOAN REPAYMENT OPTIONS
You have options with federal loan repayment plans to make the process less daunting, and you can change your repayment plan at any time! If you need help or have more questions, your loan servicer will be your go-to person to make sure you’re pursuing the right path for your success. Depending on which plan you pick, your payments and length of payment period will vary.
Here are the different repayment plan options available to you:
- Standard Repayment Plan
- Graduated Repayment Plan
- Extended Repayment Plan
- Alternative Repayment Plans (Direct Loan Only)
- Income-Based Repayment (IBR)
- Income Contingent Repayment (ICR) (Direct Loan Only)
- Income-Sensitive Repayment (FFEL Only)
FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMS
You will receive a copy of The Student Guide for Financial Aid, published by the U.S. Department of Education, upon enrollment. In this guide, you’ll learn more about the different financial aid programs available to you. We are designated as an eligible institution by the U.S. Department of Education -- which means where are eligible to participate in the following programs:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Student Loans
- Federal Student PLUS Loans
- Alternative Loans
- Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)
- Veterans Administration Benefits
- VA Chapter 33 Yellow Ribbon Scholarship
- State Scholarship, Prepaid, and Grant Programs.